Supposing that you spend more time trying to fall asleep rather than actually sleeping, well, you are not alone. The act or process of trying too hard can result to a continuous cycle of anxiety, and nerve wracking energy that keeps our minds awake.
And assuming that your mind cannot sleep, it is really hard for your body to follow. But there are scientific tricks you can try to flip the change and guide your body into a protected shut down mode. Here, we cover a few scientific based tricks to help you fall asleep faster, precisely less than 60 seconds.
HOW TO SLEEP IN 10 SECONDS OR LESS
It often takes a magic spell to fall asleep this fast and on cue, just similar to spells, with practice you can eventually get to sleep 10 seconds or less. It should be noted that this method listed below takes a full minute to finish, but the last 10 seconds is known to make one finally snooze. This method is known as the Military method.
THE MILITARY METHOD
The famous military method, which was initially reported by Sharon Ackerman, is gotten from a book known as ‘Relax and Win’; Championship Performance’.
Sharon Ackerman stated that the United States Navy Pre Flight School designed a routine to help pilots fall asleep in less than 2 minutes or exactly 2 minutes. It took pilots about a month and two weeks of practice, but it eventually worked, even after consuming coffee and with gunfire noises in the environment.
This method is said to even work for individuals who need to sleep sitting up. The military method need to be followed accordingly by the steps listed below as follows;
- Firstly, you relax your whole face, which includes the muscles inside your mouth.
- Then drop your shoulders to release the tension and allow your hands drop to the side of your body.
- The next step is for you to breathe out as you relax your chest.
- Also relax your legs, thighs, and calves.
- Clear your mind for 10 seconds by reasoning a relaxing scene and
- Supposing that it does not work, try saying the words ‘don’t think’ over and over for 10 seconds.
- And within 10 seconds, you should be sleeping.
Supposing that this doesn’t work for you, you probably need to work on the foundations of the military method, that is, breathing and muscle relaxation, which have some scientific proof that they work.
HOW TO SLEEP IN 60 SECONDS OR LESS
These two methods, which concentrates on your muscles or breathe, aid you take your mind off topic and back to sleep. Supposing that you are beginner attempting these hacks out, these methods probably take up to 120 seconds to work.
4 to 7 to 8 BREATHING METHOD
Joining together the powers of meditation and visualization, this breathing method are more effective as you practice for a long period. To prepare, place the tip of your tongue against the roof of your mouth, behind the two front teeth. Keep your tongue there the entire time and purse your lips supposing that you need to.
HOW TO DO ONE CYCLE OF 4 to 7 to 8 BREATHING
- Allow your lips to separate slightly and make a whooshing sound as you exhale through your mouth.
- The next step is to close your lips and inhale slightly through your nose. Do this for 4 seconds.
- Then hold your breath for at least 7 seconds, at maximum 9 seconds.
- Then you exhale with a whoosh sound for probably 7 or 8 seconds.
- But prevent being too alert at the end of every cycle. Try to do it (practice) mindlessly.
- And finally, you should complete this cycle for 4 full breaths. Allow your body sleep supposing that you feel relaxation coming on earlier than expected.
DEEP MUSCLE RELAXATION (DMR)
Deep muscle relaxation, also known as progressive muscle relaxation, helps you unwind. The premise is to tense, but it does not strain your muscles, instead it helps to relax to release the tension. This movement encourages tranquillity throughout the entire body. it is a trick recommended to help with insomnia.
But before you begin, attempt practicing the 4 to 7 to 8 method while thinking about the tension leaving your whole body as you exhale. The relaxation script is listed below as follows;
- Firstly, raise your eyebrows as high as possible for at least five seconds. Doing this will tighten your forehead muscles.
- Calm your muscles as fast as possible and feel the tension drop. Wait for ten seconds.
- Smile as wide as you can in order to create tension in your cheeks. Do this for 5 seconds and remain calm.
- Then, tilt your head slightly back so you are comfortably looking at the ceiling. Do this for 5 seconds and also relax as your neck sinks back into the pillow.
- Pause for another 10 seconds before
- You keep moving down the rest of the body, beginning from your triceps to your chest, then your thighs and feet.
- Allow yourself fall asleep, even if you do not finish tensing and relaxing the rest of your entire body.
As you follow these steps, concentrate on how calmed and heavy your body feels when it is relaxed and in a comfortable state.
HOW TO SLEEP IN ABOUT 120 SECONDS
Supposing that the former methods still do not work, there are probably be an underlying blockage you need to get out. You can try this technique.
VISUALIZE A RELAXING PLACE
Try engaging your imagination, supposing that counting activates your mind too much. Some people say that visualizing can be real, and it’s possible with works with sleep.
A 2002 research form Oxford University discovered that individuals who engaged in imagery distraction fell asleep faster than people who had general distraction or no instructions.